Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 11

It amazes me everyday how much stronger Dominic gets, yet the nurses seem to freak out if he doesn't eat exactly what the "rule book" tells them my kid should or should not be doing.  Funny the say that the NEED to eat certain amounts and it is what it is, but on the other hand they keep telling me that each child is different!!  Which is it?  Are they all supposed to be on the same plan or are they all different??

We started the new diet of eat what you want when you want it and he gained 1.2 ounces so I guess we will have to see what tonight brings.  I am hoping that we find that he has gained again.  Fingers are crossed because I really don't want to see my little man have to spend to much more time in the NICU.  His Great Grandma's Birthday is this weekend and I would love to take him to the party to show him off to everyone.

Stress is running high through out our family these days and having me and Dominic here at the hospital while Serge and Angelique are at home has been very difficult on us.  I feel torn each day on if I should be at home with them or here making sure that Dominic is being cared for in the way that I see fit.

I find that having a preemie baby has been very hard on the family I just hope that in the end it brings the 4 of us that much closer to each other.

Here are some Day 11 photos in his new outfit from Aunt Cindy, Uncle Eric and his cousins Abigail, Oliver and Gabe.



No comments:

Post a Comment